9.10.2009

Sept 10 2009 (Larry)

Larry is Phil's younger brother, about 8 years younger, and has had Parkinson's for about 18 years and of course it gets worse as the years go by. His daughter Nola had to bring him to Snowflake to care for him as he has to have a lot of care and really can't be alone. He lost Virginia a few months ago so has had to deal with that loss also. I take him now and then when Nola has something else to do and it is a sweet experience to have him. I had him one time for 3 days and that was a little hard but we did fine. I have him today for awhile. He is so uncomplaining, and bearing his afflictions with patience and acceptance. Him and Virginia served a mission and have spent years working in the Temple in Portland, Oregon. We love him dearly. Sometimes in caring for him it can be pretty funny as I am pretty inept in my endeavors and Phil is pretty rough, but we get the job done and he accepts our service to him with patience and gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the picture...just two brothers hanging out on the swing!

    ReplyDelete