3.27.2010

drying food


We got some parsnips and carrots from Melvin a few days ago and Phil and I took care of them yesterday and today. It is a good feeling to see the results of our work and to know we have some food storage items that didn't cost anything and will be good for a long time. We didn't let them waste(Melvin was going to plow them under and get ready to plant another garden soon) so it was a two-fold accomplishment, waste not, want not", Prepare for needful times".

I am trying to learn how to use this blog so not sure what will happen . The picture above has nothing to do with carrots and parsnips. It is a project we did in our stake and ward for humanitarian aid and our ward did 5 quilts. I was project manager for that great event. Our stake did a lot of other things also, like hygiene kits, school kits ect. plus about 50 or 60 quilts. Now to save this and not lose it like I did the last one.
THIS BLOG KEEPS ME IN TOUCH WITH BREA AND THATS A GOOD THING AND MAYBE I WILL GET THE HANG OF IT SOMEDAY.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you started blogging again grandma!! Call me with any questions. I miss you and love you!!

    ReplyDelete